conversion from drum brakes to disc brakes

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

emjay Jim English
Marietta, PA, USA   USA
Repetitive braking occurs coming down hills. There are some long steep hills over here.

Personally, I don't prefer power anything because I associate that with bigger heavier vehicles and it just plain adds complexity. Also youngsters tend to rely on them and have no clue that they actually do still have control of the car, just requires more effort. On the other hand designers have great experience and have developed these servos to give the driver improved response and feel.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR
Yup, if you want to go down hills fast, disc brakes are the answer.

I expect to descend hills in the gear I would need to use get up them.
Takes the load off the brakes.
I do it with disc braked cars.

I think the find complexity argument distinctly unconvincing when it's about servos.

The risk of a fluid leak at the servo is very very small compared with the inherent fluid leak risks.

If air leaks into the system, the worst that can happen is you revert to original brake levels.

The "More effort" argument falls flat on it's face once you face up to the fact that human performance and limitation knock it out the ring.

Any CPL holders out there please?
If so, please will you dish the dirt on HP&L?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-14 02:12 AM by 0123.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Morris Minor Traveller

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links