Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

53MMinor Ken N
Stuart, FL, USA   USA
Wanted to buy Morris Minor gas tank , good condition

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
minimarc Avatar
minimarc Bob Marcum
BREVARD, NC, USA   USA
Suggest you identify what model this will be for??????????

Bob Marcum

1959 Bugeye
1960 Morris Minor Tourer
Ex vintage Mini racer

emjay Jim English
Marietta, PA, USA   USA
To clarify the clarification, all passenger cars have the same aperture for the tank. There is the older flat top tank used through the early 1000s and the later tank with extra capacity. They are interchangeable. The trucks tanks are basically the same except for the direction of the fill tube. There is also a new larger capacity tank available from time to time but prevents any spare tire.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
53MMinor Ken N
Stuart, FL, USA   USA
Morris Minor 1000 2 door hardtop yr 1967

minimarc Avatar
minimarc Bob Marcum
BREVARD, NC, USA   USA
If you end up considering a new tank beware the larger, in believe it is 9.5 gal., takes considerable modifications to the boot/trunk area to get it to fit. I bought one and found that the opening in the floor must be enlarged and the support for the wooden luggage shelf must be removed to get the tank then re-welded and painted. Wish I had done more homework before I purchased it but I am committed now so it will be off to the body shop that installed my floors last year. The larger tank may be cheaper but you will pay more in the end.

Bob Marcum

1959 Bugeye
1960 Morris Minor Tourer
Ex vintage Mini racer

53MMinor Ken N
Stuart, FL, USA   USA
Thanks for the info, will keep this in mind,found a couple on ebay but questionable on rust issues

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1971 Morris Mini 850

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links