Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
You could get two LED strips and put them inside the back windows. I see a lot of pickup trucks with an under the tailgate strip that should work.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Norbert Style (Nobby The Moggy"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 29480 by rlincoln How do mount a center high mounted stop light (CHMSL in U.S.D.O.T.-speak) on a Traveller? Got my radiator back from A-1 Radiator, whose motto is "A good place to take a leak," and it looks like new. He cleaned it, fixed the leak and pressure tested it for $85 USD. Not bad! Next up is to replace the bushes in the rear suspension.

Sounds like a top job Ray and as I said earlier we need to keep these vital trades going by supporting them.

All the best Johnny

0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR
On the roof?
1 on one door, & 1 on the other door?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
KRCaddis Avatar
KRCaddis Gene Johnson
Santa Margarita, CA, USA   USA
1961 Morris Minor Pickup "Morris, Of Course"
For my PU, I bought a 1' strip of red LEDs at Harbor Freight that are 12v. One at the bottom of each door glass would get the point across, and brake light wiring is conveniently close. In case, I found a small plastic strip that shaped like construction "Z" metal to hold the bulb strip and slips between the rubber and the glass.

carcrazie51 Avatar
carcrazie51 Gold Member Steve Christiansen
Glendora, CA, USA   USA
We mounted a pair of led lights in the rear doors. We made up brackets that bolted to the hinges. Now they work for trafficators and brake lights. I can send you pictures Ray

Member Services:
We are car crazy people who enjoy preserving the automobiles of the past. Finding obscure parts to help keep the cars of our past on the road is our goal. We produce uprated/modern parts for these vehicles to allow them to be more roadworthy.
John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Platinum Member John Quilter
Eugene, OR, USA   USA
This might not be suitable on a split rear door Traveller but it would be fine on a sedan. This one obtained from a local hot rod shop and fitted to my Jaguar sedan. With a little leakage around the edge gives a clear indication that is is working when viewed in the rear view mirror.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

Attachments:
CHMSL.JPG    18.6 KB
CHMSL.JPG

0123 Mike D
Good to see you Steve smiling smiley

carcrazie51 Avatar
carcrazie51 Gold Member Steve Christiansen
Glendora, CA, USA   USA
Thank you

Member Services:
We are car crazy people who enjoy preserving the automobiles of the past. Finding obscure parts to help keep the cars of our past on the road is our goal. We produce uprated/modern parts for these vehicles to allow them to be more roadworthy.
midge488 Avatar
midge488 Marc Meccia
Howell, NJ, USA   USA
1960 Morris Minor 1000 Tourer "Momo"
1965 MG MGB "Bea"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 "Mo"
1974 MG Midget "Midge"    & more
When I pull starter switch, the starter spins , but very slowly. Plenty of juice in the battery. Guess it's time to fit a new one

Attachments:
IMG_1160.jpg    68.8 KB
IMG_1160.jpg

66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
Are you sure all cable terminals are clean and tight? The gearbox to chasis one is often overlooked. Run a battery jumper cable from battery to engine and try again, if it works you have a bad ground. I also find that those replacement battery terminals get oxidized and need to be cleaned by disassembling, cleaning and put back together. I got thicker gauge cables for mine and also ran another one from negative battery to top starter bolt, you may need a longer bolt.

0123 Mike D
Crank the engine for 15 secs with the ignition disconnect
Check the battery voltage as you crank.

Less than say 10 volts at 14 secs suggests a knackered battery.

Feel the junctions in the circuit immediately after you cranked
if any are warm, then disconnect, clean, and connect.

A set of brushes works wonders for a starter motor.

A skimmed and then undercut commutator,
along with new brushes generally sets
a Minor starter on it's feet for a few years

thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-14 08:47 AM by 0123.

rlincoln Ray Costa
Gurnee, IL, USA   USA
1963 Morris Mini Traveller "Miss Marple"
Great ideas, everyone. I'll tackle the LED stop light issue as soon as I finish the rear suspension. Right now I have a sick dog to contend with.

0123 Mike D
Would you be after knowing what type of LEDs
you have in that light of yours please John

In reply to # 29489 by John in Eugene This might not be suitable on a split rear door Traveller but it would be fine on a sedan. This one obtained from a local hot rod shop and fitted to my Jaguar sedan. With a little leakage around the edge gives a clear indication that is is working when viewed in the rear view mirror.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Morris Minor

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links