Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bolts
kei Kei V
Auckland, Northland, New Zealand   NZL
What size and length bolt goes into the parceltray bar for an early model Minor? Mine are missing.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
emjay Jim English
Marietta, PA, USA   USA
I suspect a 52 would be similar to a 1000. BSF 1/4-26 round head, Pozi-Driv but possibly Phillips. A fairly long bolt with a conical tip to aid assembly. I'd say at least an inch long.

John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Platinum Member John Quilter
Eugene, OR, USA   USA
Could it be the same thread as the brass gearbox floor cover bolts but with a different head?

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

In reply to # 28412 by emjay I suspect a 52 would be similar to a 1000. BSF 1/4-26 round head, Pozi-Driv but possibly Phillips. A fairly long bolt with a conical tip to aid assembly. I'd say at least an inch long.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
emjay Jim English
Marietta, PA, USA   USA
Yes the gear box cover are the same but countersink with either flat head or oval head. They also do not have the pointed tip.

minimarc Avatar
minimarc Bob Marcum
BREVARD, NC, USA   USA
I have found the Moss UK parts book to be most helpful. It uses an "exploded" parts view making it simpler to see the relationship between parts. Also the last pages give you the identification of the various hardware items.

It is free including the shipping

!https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/morris/minor/books-manuals-dvds/books-manuals

Bob Marcum

1959 Bugeye
1960 Morris Minor Tourer
Ex vintage Mini racer

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1949 Morris Minor

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links