New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Have you sat in a Forster seat Bob?

I find them most uncomfortable.

I avoid riding in our Legacy
Legacy seats = Forester seats

Minor seats, as with most
Brit sports car seats give
excellent side to side support.

Lateral support is essential
when you drive a Minor in
in a spirited and nimble way

Why else would you run a Minor

confused smiley

Midhurst80 Avatar
Midhurst80 Gold Member Bob Killam
Midhurst, ON, Canada   CAN
Hi Mike, I guess it must be all about body shape etc. My other car has been a Subaru for many years and they seem to work for us. Not finding an easy solution to the headrest issue I went with the "devil I know" and the flat floor installation over many tracked seats as a problem with the Morris power train hump. If it doesn't do the job, I will keep the original seats near by for return ... And maybe for shows.

Some of the vinyl across the back seat is very deterioated by sun light so upholstering may be the next step to bring the interior back in to a simple new condition.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Good luck with your conversion Bob.

Have you considered fitting high level brake lights
to reduce the chance of getting rear ended?

johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Boris 2"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 28918 by 0123
Have you sat in a Forster seat Bob?

I find them most uncomfortable.

I avoid riding in our Legacy
Legacy seats = Forester seats

Minor seats, as with most
Brit sports car seats give
excellent side to side support.
FULLY AGREE WITH CLASSIC BRITISH SPORTS CAR SEATS THEY DO.
HOWEVER, I'M ON MY SECOND MINOR, 1st a 71 & 2nd a1960 YET BOTH WERE EQUIPED WITH FAR FROM COMFY SEATING. SORRY TO SAY MIKE BUT GENERALLY MODERN SEATS ARE SUPERIOR.

Lateral support is essential
when you drive a Minor in
in a spirited and nimble way

Why else would you run a Minor
IS THAT WHY YOURS HAS BEEN TUCKED UP IN THE THE GARAGE FOR MONTHS MIKE LOL smiling smiley
confused smiley

0123 Mike D
0123 Mike D
In reply to # 28884 by Midhurst80 Hello I am Bob Killam and after 28 years with my 80 Spitfire I moved over to my new friend "Nelson" who happens to be Trafalgar Blue, 2 door from 1964. My first challenge is updating the seats to having headrests. After looking on line they are too expensive when sent to Canada so I am going to try and install a pair from a Subaru Forester. I'll post pics as the project moves on. Has this been tried?

Have you considered
adding a headrest to
a Minor seat yet Bob?

I reckon you could add
an extra bit of tube
below the original frame

Then drill down to form
a hole into which the
headrest spike would fit

And then refit the cover

My suggestion relies on
you finding the original
seat not uncomfortable

Also, as Don is a man of
some substance, perhaps
your seat might benefit
from new foam and straps.

thumbs up

Attachments:
Ferd.jpg    40.1 KB
Ferd.jpg

DonnyB Avatar
DonnyB Donald Bartley
Valparaiso, IN, USA   USA
Hi all, I'm Don Bartley from Valparaiso, Indiana, and yet to be a proud owner of a Morris Minor. I've lusted for one since the first time I laid eyes on one, but retired on a fixed moderate income makes ownership a cautious endeavor. Only sat in one briefly, so I must ask how does a MM accommodate a man 6'-3" tall? I have my eye on one now. We'll see what happens. Thanks Donny B
P.S. If anyone lives close to me and would give me a test ride I would be deeply indebted to you. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-07 09:48 AM by DonnyB.

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Donny,

I hope when you sit in one. it fits just fine, would love to help but as a short arse I can't offer opinion.

Going back to seats discussion though, at my local car club, there is a very knowledgably Moggy owner called Amanda, who works for Lotus cars and previously Ford, she has a set of Ford Ka seats in her Moggy and they are superb.

All the best Johnnysmileys with beer

DonnyB Avatar
DonnyB Donald Bartley
Thanks Johnny

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
If it helps Donny I can go out and measure my Traveller from seat pad to ceiling (original style seat)

Johnny

DonnyB Avatar
DonnyB Donald Bartley
Thanks Johnny, but I don't think that's necessary. Really need to sit in one. ;o)

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 30557 by DonnyB Thanks Johnny, but I don't think that's necessary. Really need to sit in one. ;o)

You are absolutely right Donny, but as I've gone out to measure up in-between our messages, I'll give em to you anyway lol. Also if you can get in and out the B with the hood up I don't reckon it will be a problem smileys with beer

Back of seat to roof 37 inches, front of seat to roof 33", obviously with the give of the seat that distance will be a little more when siting.

Have a good Moggy hunt and hope to see you back here with a car,

Cheers Johnny

John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Platinum Member John Quilter
Eugene, OR, USA   USA
I'm 6'5", driven Minors for over 50 years, and find them particularly accommodating in head room for tall people. Back seat leg room, not so much.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

In reply to # 30551 by DonnyB Hi all, I'm Don Bartley from Valparaiso, Indiana, and yet to be a proud owner of a Morris Minor. I've lusted for one since the first time I laid eyes on one, but retired on a fixed moderate income makes ownership a cautious endeavor. Only sat in one briefly, so I must ask how does a MM accommodate a man 6'-3" tall? I have my eye on one now. We'll see what happens. Thanks Donny B
P.S. If anyone lives close to me and would give me a test ride I would be deeply indebted to you. Thanks

0123 Mike D
As long as you don't want to carry a tall passenger behind yourself,
you'll be Ok with the standard seat bolted to the furthest back holes thumbs up

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Morris Minor Traveller

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links