Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tappetTwo pete kd
hillview, nsw, Australia   AUS
hi there,
the time has come to fit the hood onto my tourer.
the bracket each side has 3 holes to attach to the body behind the driver position.
Q: was the bracket held on with self tapping screws(large ones) or small bolts?
the holes in the body are not very large!
cant remember back 7 years as to what was removed from the brackets or even where the parts are! confused smiley
Also what was used to cover the bare timber curved rail at the back edge of the parcel shelve, where the hood was attached at its
lower edge?

Peter

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
emjay Jim English
Etters, PA, USA   USA
Flat head screw and nut. Most likely 3/16-32. That's why it's a good practice to always put the hardware back in the holes on the item removed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 05:47 AM by emjay.

John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Platinum Member John Quilter
Eugene, OR, USA   USA
Also what was used to cover the bare timber curved rail at the back edge of the parcel shelve, where the hood was attached at its
lower edge?

On my convertible this was wrapped with the same vinyl material as the door cards and rear seat quarter panel trim pieces were covered with. Known a Ambla which was a very thin vinyl material.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
emjay Jim English
Etters, PA, USA   USA
That covering over the wood is a bit odd since no effort was spent on covering the somewhat ragged edge right in front of it. The later cars have more panels on the rear shelf. That Ambla held up fairly well as used on the seats of a standard trim Minor. Much better than the deluxe leather.

tappetTwo pete kd
hillview, nsw, Australia   AUS
In reply to # 34769 by John in Eugene Also what was used to cover the bare timber curved rail at the back edge of the parcel shelve, where the hood was attached at its
lower edge?

On my convertible this was wrapped with the same vinyl material as the door cards and rear seat quarter panel trim pieces were covered with. Known a Ambla which was a very thin vinyl material.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA
unfortunately I have just installed mine and sealed the top and btm edges with no more gaps silicone sealant, so no possibility of
covering in vynal. Maybe some duct tape on the top will hide the fixing screws!
Peter

usmh3 Avatar
usmh3 Rob Thomas
Cardiff, Wales, UK   GBR
2BA thread pattern Raised Head countersunk flat blade screwdriver setscrews, to use the correct UK terminology. I tried to find the correct Pozidrive pattern ones but these are easier to find. I've a feeling Pozidrive isn't the exact designation but they aren't Philips pattern heads

https://cdn10.bigcommerce.com/s-8dtthl/products/5617/images/17148/stainless_raised_countersunk_slotted_machine_screws__05362.1515414427.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

https://www.stainlessautomotivefastenings.co.uk/images/Pozi%20Raised%20Csk.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-16 03:52 PM by usmh3.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Morris Minor Pickup

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links