Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bela Winfried Müller
Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   DEU
Hello

I'm a newby with Morris Minor. I'd bought the car last week in GB.

Does anyone of the German owners have usefull hints for §21 and H-Kennzeichen. Something to avoid?

Problems may occure because the car is

convert from 2-door saloon to tourer

converted from drum to disc brakes

modern dampers

in 2016.

Thanks in advance

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 10:19 AM by 0123.

Bela Winfried Müller
Sorry - I did not mentioned that the car has been converted and got new brakes etc. in 2016 by Chales Ware .

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Antonnick Avatar
Antonnick antonia N
Fulda, hessen, Germany   DEU
As you may have already experienced, the §21 is often the opinion of the tester and, hier in Hessen anyway, the H reg is merely a formality afterwards in order for the Zulassung to be given. that cost me €164 for the privalidge. My Traveller had been converted to LHD by me and the TüV tester ( for Oldtimer he has to have a special qualification ) tested it for what was there. The Mangel that he found and listed would have been relevant for any imported car. Where deviations to the StVo are present, an exception is noted. The mein one, I remember was for not having a built in Wegfahrsperre and I am required to have a portable locking device in the vehicle. You may have trouble with the Chassis number not being stamped into the Karosserie - mine should have been in the floor plate but this had been repaired with a new panel in the past. I had to have a separate ID disc rivetted in the engine bay.

I have since been told that DEKRA, if they do have a qualified tester, are easier to deal with than the Tüv organisation but at the end of the day it does depend on his mood at the time.

Bela Winfried Müller
Thanks for the answer and the special hint about the locking device.

If the rivetted engine disk is absent - where to buy?

I guess I have to order a datasheet from TÜV SÜD. I'm cuious about the information in that datasheed .

The odometer must get marks for km/h. An emergency flasher is installed.

Is a workshop manual for Series V available?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-24 03:17 PM by Bela.

0123 Mike D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 10:20 AM by 0123.

0123 Mike D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 10:20 AM by 0123.

0123 Mike D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 10:21 AM by 0123.

bufferzone Avatar
bufferzone Gord Smith-Ritchie
Surfside Colony, CA, USA   USA
Workshop manual free download in pdf here

http://www.dolphnproductions.com/morrisminor.pdf

Antonnick Avatar
Antonnick antonia N
The best advice I can give is to simply have the car tested and then deal with the Mangelliste. In my experience there is no consistency between testers. The plate I was asked to fix is this one

http://www.morrisminorspares.com/body-inc-panels-trim-c21/miscellaneous-parts-c29/chassis-identification-plate-1965-on-p828300.

My tester was being generous because the car number is supposed to be stmped into the metal. In your car , a 1965 model - the chassis number may be inside the motor compartment on the RHS below the voltage regulator. If the number is not stamped directly on to the metal , the Zulassungsamt may not be happy.

I often tell people that only registering a gun is more onerous than registering an imported classic car in Germany. Not that I have a gun but we do have three british classics. Fortunately we live in a society where we do not need a gun.......

0123 Mike D

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 10:22 AM by 0123.

Antonnick Avatar
Antonnick antonia N
Good point! I know Britsh police do not normally carry guns - quite right too.

I was thinking about normal people who have no need because nobody has an idea he may be shot on the street.. By society I was meaning western Europe. According to the author Pinker, if you could choose to live at any time or place in history with the least violence, then western europe now is the place.

0123 Mike D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 10:23 AM by 0123.

Bela Winfried Müller
Special thanks to Gord for the link!

Bela Winfried Müller
I'd looked into the WS manual and noticed, that an upper cylinder lubrication is a service.

If necessary - what kind of "Obenöl" is suitable in D?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1959 Morris Minor 1000 Van

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links