Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MinorForum

Morris Minor Chat

Parts buying from the UK vs States, Vendor suggestions?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Hello Group,

I am getting ready to consider ordering some parts for my early Morris's, 2-Series ll cars. I have not come to a decision as to who to use or where from. I have seen folks mention UK purchases from ESM and Bull Motif as vendors that they have used. I'm totally open to discussion on UK vs States purchasing, just want to get some feedback from personal experiences.

I know I can get things here in the States, but has anyone found a vendor that matches product quality and total price with shipping, vs the UK choices? What I'm looking for is input on who and how the purchase has gone for folks, are you satisfied on the condition and total price from either method?

TX
Mr fixit
Chris smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR
As, when, and if it goes wrong,
is it easier to get redress
from your country, or mine Chris smiling smiley

Bear in mind, 50% of deals
are below average,
and 10% suck.

Einstein.

0123 Mike D

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Ramkamla Hashmukh Patel
Wallington, England, UK   GBR
Hi there
I am currently renovating morris 1000 and I found Charles Ware Morris Minor Centre very helpful and reasonable priced parts. I have bought lods of new parts which were perfect. try at morris.minor@charleswaresmmc.co.uk, 20 Clothier Road, Brislington. Bristol. BS4 5PS..

Hope this helps.

shoebone Stuart F
tempe, AZ, USA   USA
I use ESM, I try to wait until I can make up a good sized order.... This helps to offset the shipping cost which is on the expensive side, even so, I usually pay less than purchasing state side. Brit vendors offer almost anything we need to keep these Minors going but be aware that quality of some parts is less than perfect. ESM often have a shipment on my doorstep within a week ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-13 06:07 PM by shoebone.

66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
I have used Bull motif, ESM, Charles Ware with success. ESM makes a lot of reproduction parts themselves. Generally easier to order from ESM as you get a total including shipping immediately. If you belong to a credit union their credit card usually has no fee for converting to £.

Great reply's everyone.
I think I will be looking at the UK to spend some money, with the advice of more is better this seems to fit with what I was thinking of, ordering for 2 cars, it makes even more sense.

TX
Mr fixit
Chris smiling smiley

lvvjbhuy Avatar
lvvjbhuy James Huy
Cape Fair, MO, USA   USA
I'am still waiting on parts ordered all most two months ago from calf. Minor parts comp. I ordered by phone, THEY DID NOT SAY WAS NOT IN STOCK, back ordered. I order from UK now. tired of the the BS. from some of the main line morris parts comp in the US..

66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
Orderd oarts from ESM UK Friday, shipped Friday. Normally about five days to get here.

lvvjbhuy Avatar
lvvjbhuy James Huy
Cape Fair, MO, USA   USA
Yes, thats what I'am seeing with my last order. You need to watch the shipping and have enough to off set the difference. Really pissed at m mania , one hassle after a another.

tjt77 timothy Trevithick
Grass Valley, CA, USA   USA
ESM or Bullmotif spares.. almost always a better bet than any US suppliers can match.. and often quicker delivery to boot if they use DHL. prices particularly favorable with current exchange rates.. I bought some jaguar parts last month form Uk supplier and aquired them cheaper than a UK customer would pay due to VAT exemption for 'offshore' sales and far lower shipping costs than in the past.. delivery time was 2 days from placing order.. faster than delivery within my state from local supplier..

lvvjbhuy Avatar
lvvjbhuy James Huy
Cape Fair, MO, USA   USA
Watching the exchange rate, want to put disc brakes on my minor and looking at several kits from the UK

dgilling Dave Gillingham
Coronado, CA, USA   USA
Chris:

I have been very pleased with the quality and service from ESM. VAT and shipping is a bit annoying, but worth it:

Dave

Dave Gillingham
59 Morris Traveler
Coronado, CA

tjt77 timothy Trevithick
Grass Valley, CA, USA   USA
ESM sells the 'mr grumpy' kit which is in my opinion teh most common sense disc brake conversion as it utilizes the parts as used by BL on the Morris Marina, albeit with hubs drilled for Morris minor bolt pattern (with good quality taper roll bearings included) ..it very easy to install and comes with EVERYTHING including dust/dirt shields that help extend pad life and is very good value .. the sprite/midget based kits that are commonly sold in USA have small diameter rotors and the mounting for calipers leaves a lot to be desired..

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1962 Morris Minor 1000 Pickup

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links