AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

crewless Avatar
crewless Kevin Duffy
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
1951 Morris Minor MM Tourer "Millie"
1965 Lambretta Li 150 Series 3 "Lucy"
1976 Triumph TR6 "Tina"
Hi, has anyone had any success or knows how to search Nuffield exports records ?- trying to find out where the MM originally shipped to
Ta
KD

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bufferzone Avatar
bufferzone Gord Smith-Ritchie
Surfside Colony, CA, USA   USA
For £6 you can ask that one question and get an answer from the link below. I think it is the only way to find out.

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/archive/information-services

minimarc Avatar
minimarc Bob Marcum
BREVARD, NC, USA   USA
I used the above link to determine when my MM Tourer was built. They gave the week and year and they came back with additional info such as when it was shipped.

That was 3 1/2 years ago so things may have changed since then.

Bob Marcum

1959 Bugeye
1960 Morris Minor Tourer
Ex vintage Mini racer

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
crewless Avatar
crewless Kevin Duffy
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Tina"
Thanks , I used the search but only get as far as the manufacture date and then shipment to Nuffiield

0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR
What should I understand when you say "shipment to Nuffield" please Kevin confused smiley

As far as I know, Nuffield is a name rather than a place.

crewless Avatar
crewless Kevin Duffy
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Tina"
Hi Mike , Nuffield Exports was the export division of Morris - so when my car was manufactured it is was essentially transferred to their inventory
and exported. My hope was that if I can find a way to search their export records which I am sure existed .
FYI this is the info I got from Heritage
Further to your Web Research request the build record for chassis number SMM/103923 shows that the vehicle was shipped abroad by Nuffield Exports Limited but the exact destination is not recorded.

Cheers
KD

0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR
emjay Jim English
Etters, PA, USA   USA
Check in with the local BMC guys. On the coast, the dealers carpooled to the ports and drove the new cars home. Inslip (sp?) was big in NYC. I know the local dealer in Allentown, PA drove down to Philadelphia. The local MG etc guys should be able to tell you where the local dealer was and the port of call shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Probably, Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Norfolk, and Charleston could be the set. Based on how many dealers and their strength in the area will also indicate the density of the ports. Assuming your car is local of course.

crewless Avatar
crewless Kevin Duffy
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Tina"
Thanks Jim, I have a suspicion that it may not have come directly to the US- maybe I am going down a rabbit hole with my thinking ,the car ie pretty original (minus a color change) the speedo is
is in KPH which suggests to me that though it is LHD it may have started its life somewhere else.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1969 Morris Mini Cooper

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links