AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Boris 2"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 32039 by 0123 Y'am shameless you am Johnny yawning smiley)

Welgekomen Anne smiling smiley

smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-01 01:46 PM by johnnyw637.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sl55per John Clegg
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK   GBR
Two small reservoirs are better than one larger,if you have a leak you automatically know if it's the clutch or braking system to investigate...at the moment I have a weeping left rear brake cylinder but am not fixing it as am changing the whole back axle.

All the electronics ( 99% ) are in the ABS pump unit/ecu , have yet to wire it but am expecting a pair of wires to each wheel sensor ( polarity conscious ) , an on/off switch , tell tale lamp/led , power supply and a feed from the brake switch , just like I had in the Lotus..

Will update the above link when completed...

John

0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR
In reply to # 32043 by Sl55per Two small reservoirs are better than one larger,if you have a leak you automatically know if it's the clutch or braking system to investigate...at the moment I have a weeping left rear brake cylinder but am not fixing it as am changing the whole back axle.

Thanks John smiling smiley

All the electronics ( 99% ) are in the ABS pump unit/ecu , have yet to wire it but am expecting a pair of wires to each wheel sensor ( polarity conscious ) , an on/off switch , tell tale lamp/led , power supply and a feed from the brake switch , just like I had in the Lotus.. Thansk, I expected it to me more complicated.

Will update the above link when completed... Thanks thumbs up

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
chrispix Avatar
chrispix Chris Pick
Bainbridge Island, WA, USA   USA
1961 Morris Minor 1000000 "Georgie"
Hello,
Found out about this group from Chris at the ABFM in Portland earlier this month. I am the proud single family owner of a Morris Minor Million #249 (Reg: GEO-470), My grandfather purchased it in the UK in 1961, sold it to my aunt in 1963, and she parked it in her garage in 1972 in Croydon (south London), UK.

She passed away last year, and I inherited it. It had been vandalized in the 80s/90s and needed a lot of repairs.. Had Charles Ware do the full restoration, and had the car delivered to Seattle, WA July 3rd, 2018.. Happy to drive Georgie around Bainbridge Island, and trailer her to a few car shows around the PNW.

- Chris Pick

Attachments:
minor.jpg    87.9 KB
minor.jpg

0123 Mike D
Very Tasty Chris thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-29 02:08 PM by 0123.

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 32773 by chrispix Hello,
Found out about this group from Chris at the ABFM in Portland earlier this month. I am the proud single family owner of a Morris Minor Million #249 (Reg: GEO-470), My grandfather purchased it in the UK in 1961, sold it to my aunt in 1963, and she parked it in her garage in 1972 in Croydon (south London), UK.

She passed away last year, and I inherited it. It had been vandalized in the 80s/90s and needed a lot of repairs.. Had Charles Ware do the full restoration, and had the car delivered to Seattle, WA July 3rd, 2018.. Happy to drive Georgie around Bainbridge Island, and trailer her to a few car shows around the PNW.

- Chris Pick

Fantastic Chris,

There were only about 14 in the UK, perhaps only 13 now LOL,
Wonderful that your family has retained it all that time. I thought they were all made in 1960, am I wrong and they were all made in 61?

No need to tell you to enjoy as you obviously are thumbs up

All the best Johnny smileys with beer

chrispix Avatar
chrispix Chris Pick
I think most were all built 1960.. Not sure of the 'model year'.. Happy to be educated on it a bit more.. Just know it was purchases in '61.. Pretty sure the paperwork shows on '61

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Chris,
I guess you know the production run was only 350 cars in total, what a wonderful inheritance smiling smiley
Though I dread to think what a Charles Ware rebuild costs, but know it will be a first rate job.

Here are some of it's cousins from the old countrythumbs up Well distant in the convertibles case.

Stay in touch and keep posting photos

Cheer Johnny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-29 05:16 PM by johnnyw637.

Attachments:
20180623_105131.jpg    63.8 KB
20180623_105131.jpg

20180624_141843.jpg    65.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20180623_183819.jpg    68 KB
20180624_095042.jpg    72.9 KB
emjay Jim English
Etters, PA, USA   USA
As I recall Jan 1961 was the official release date and build date of 1,000,000 and many of the replicas were actually made before in December.

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Thanks Jim,

You are right I was thinking that the Millionth minor sold in 1959, but was wrong and it was 1960, first ones built in December 1960 official release date 4th January 1961.

Found this link which is interesting http://www.minormillion.co.uk/Welcome.html

Johnny

chrispix Avatar
chrispix Chris Pick
Thanks, Charles ware was not cheap by any means, but it was not as expensive as I would have had paying for the work in the states... A local brit shop near seattle quoted me $50k USD just to have her running again, and that was with no body work etc.. After hearing that, Charles Ware was a no brainer.. Would use them again..

In reply to # 32783 by johnnyw637 Chris,
I guess you know the production run was only 350 cars in total, what a wonderful inheritance smiling smiley
Though I dread to think what a Charles Ware rebuild costs, but know it will be a first rate job.

Here are some of it's cousins from the old countrythumbs up Well distant in the convertibles case.

Stay in touch and keep posting photos

Cheer Johnny

John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Platinum Member John Quilter
Eugene, OR, USA   USA
And here are a few pics of Minor one million and one (VIN 1,000,001) restored a few years ago by Dave Adams (driving the car) of Portland Oregon and shown at the ABFM in Portland where it took Peoples' Choice. This car has a long and storied history among west coast Minor enthusiasts dating back to the early 1970s when it was discovered in a warehouse in Brisbane California . Dave, a professional restorer, did a outstanding job on this car after it was passed between many owners and finally an estate at which point Dave acquired it and did the restoration. It was sold at an auction a few years ago for $27K, was exported to the UK (in spite of being a LHD car) and, I understand from Dave who I saw last month at the ABFM, it recently sold again in the UK for about $27K US

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

Attachments:
Winning.JPG    51.7 KB
Winning.JPG

Dave Adams.JPG    56.7 KB
Engine compt.JPG    54.4 KB
johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Cleanest engine bay I've ever seen John

Beautiful job and history

beggh Hamish Begg
Ashburton, Canterbury, New Zealand   NZL
Hi guys, Im Hamish from Canterbury NZ.
Brought my Morrie back in 2016 and have been working on getting into top nick after previous owners let her sit for a few years.
Looking forward to joining this online community and making progress!
Cheers,
Hamish.

Attachments:
Morrie.jpg    27.1 KB
Morrie.jpg

0123 Mike D
Looks like you're enjoying some nice seasonal weather Hamish smiling smiley

It is summer in Anti-podes isn't it smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-14 01:31 PM by 0123.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon 2 door

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links