Morris Minor Chat

Look what I found !

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Hi Group,

Had to show off my latest find. This is a North American west coast Export 1952 convertible. The car followed me home today and It is being looked over in the next few days to get an idea of overall condition. Has the 918 side valve engine, has all the original trim, old skinny bias-ply tires that still hold air after sitting in the dirt for many years. Floors in the back seat are gone but the front frame rails were solid enough that a good poke with the screwdriver was a no go smiling smiley so, as a project it's definitely on the better side of the fence.
This now joins my fleet of MM Series ll cars, I now have a 2dr 1953, a 4dr 1954, and this convert, 1952, along with my original project car a 1957 coupe that is 15+ years in the making. OH and I forgot a 1959 traveller. Of course these are all rescues from the scrapper in need of repair in various states of condition. At least I have saved a few pieces of history from the scrapper, at least until I die.

TX
Mr fixit
Chris smiling smiley

Potteries codes say the colour is Mid Green, can't seem to find a colour chart that has this name, anyone able to shed some light on this, or what it might really be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-13 12:12 AM by Mr fixit.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20190112_163609550.jpg    56.5 KB
IMG_20190112_163609550.jpg

IMG_20190112_163617865_HDR.jpg    58.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR
Very nice thumbs up
I bet you fell like a pup with 3 tails smiling smiley

bufferzone Avatar
bufferzone Gord Smith-Ritchie
Surfside Colony, CA, USA   USA
For 1952 would be Mist Green. Here is a pic:

http://potteries.mmoc.org.uk/Members_Cars/Cam/WSJ955/WSJ955.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-13 10:03 AM by bufferzone.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Hi gang,

Mike you are so right ! grinning smiley Bufferzone, in the Potteries ID list it calls out a Mid green, do you think it is a miss type or could there be multiple choices? As you can see the car has been painted, in fact there seems to be a yellow under the top blue so maybe even 2-3 paint jobs. I plan on getting into the trunk and maybe under the dash to see if there is original paint to be seen. Probably going to take a day or two since rain is on it's way and I have to clear a parking space in the shop first.

Appreciate the help.

TX
Mr fixit
Chris smiling smiley

0123 Mike D
Herewith Skilliters list Chris.

If it's been repainted, the colour is anyone's guess.
Google found both for Minors.

Attachments:
Ferd 1.pdf    162.8 KB

0123 Mike D
Until someone proves me wrong,
BSA Bantams were painted Mist Green

https://www.google.com/search?q=mist+green+bantam&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB768GB768&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAyZruu-vfAhVgTRUIHfCiD5UQ_AUIDigB&biw=1067&bih=461

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-13 01:20 PM by 0123.

Attachments:
ferd 5.JPG    15.8 KB
ferd 5.JPG

Ferd001.jpg    14.7 KB
Ferd002.jpg    13.1 KB
Ferd012.jpg    9 KB
HI Mike,

Thanks for the info. The reason I'm asking is that the manufacturer chassis badge ID states that the car is FCE41150447 which with the Potteries web site ID list, it decodes to be a F-Series ll C-convertible, E-mid green, 4-export, 1-synthetic paint, this leaves me with the question that were talking about.
I haven'y got it moved yet, but when I do, maybe I will narrow it down with a good inspection of unpaintable locations in the body. Personally I like the BSA Mist Green which looks a lot like the one that Bufferzone posted earlier and should I get to a full restoration that colour should keep it original.

Appreciate the help. Will keep you posted on the results.

TX
Mr fixit
Chris smiling smiley

0123 Mike D

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1964 Morris Mini

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links