Ignition switch with accessory position

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

minisareme Keith Smith
Sheffield, s/yorkshire, UK   GBR
hi all,bought this moris minor ,.can anyone tell me ,what color wires go where on the ignition switch please,,rear of the new switch is numbered thanks all minisareme

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ahaugland Avatar
ahaugland Silver Member Alex Haugland
Eugene, OR, USA   USA
Some more information on the year of your car would be helpful. I believe there are two different ignition switches common to the Morris Minors. The early cars, which utilized a pull start knob only have two terminals on the ingnition swtich. It doesn't matter which wire goes where as the circuit is a simple on/off, making or breaking the connection between the two wires. The later cars, however, added a start position to the ignition switch and If its the version of the lucas Ignition switch I think it is, there are six connectors, but effectively only three terminals as two of the terminals have two connectors each. On those switches, terminal number 3 (One of the double spade terminals) is your constant power feed from the battery/voltage regulator, the predominantly brown wire(s) . Terminal 2 is your "ignition on" feed (Solid white wires) and terminal 1 is your starter feed (White/Red).

--Alex Haugland
Eugene, Oregon
USA

minisareme Keith Smith
Sheffield, s/yorkshire, UK   GBR
its a 1967,,,but looks like a electronic ignition is fitted to it,,,thanks minisareme keith in uk

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1964 Morris Minor 1000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links