Morris Minor Chat

Age query

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pixelsmithusa Avatar
In reply to # 537 by tappetTwo hi great looking Ute project.
what are you going to do with the back tray?
use an original tray or build a nice custom hardwood one?eye rolling smiley

I have the original bed. It's currently stripped to bare metal and I'm working on getting it prepped for paint. Here's a before shot of it

Gerard

http://gerardsgarage.com/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
timcloake tim cloake
rolleston, New Zealand   NZL
Hey everyone
so today we made huge progress and managed to pull the morris out of the shed and parked it under a sheltered are just next to it. We found a bit more rust than we thought there was around the guttering,doors, and a little round the front panels. Maybe with a bit of luck tommorow we might have a look at the wheels and see if theres been any oil leak in the drums.
the pictures show my grandad backing the morris into the shed smiling smiley
Cheers

Attachments:
2012-03-03 16.30.08.jpg    32 KB
2012-03-03 16.30.08.jpg

2012-03-03 16.30.39.jpg    31 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
timcloake tim cloake
hey everyone
does anyone know how much its gonna cost to re register this car back in NZ dollars?
as its been sitting in the shed for a good 20 years
cheers smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
hammynz Avatar
hammynz Rob Hammington
Hamilton, New Zealand   NZL
1959 Morris Minor 1000 "GORG1S"
Tim, if the rego has not been 'on hold' for the car, you need to go through a 're vin' process when you are ready to get the car on the road. I understand this involves a very extensive check of the car and is a bit expensive. Various figures are often thrown around but my understanding is that it could be in excess of $NZ500 (have no idea if this is correct!!), plus of course the actual registration fee which luckily is only about $111 per annum. I suggest you phone somebody at NZTA in your area so that you will have the official info on this. You have an interesting project there so good luck with it!!

Rob Hammington
Tamahere
Hamilton RD3
New Zealand

timcloake tim cloake
Hey Rob

Thanks that was really helpful, ouch shes a bit expensive just to re-register a car, ohwell
cheers

billf bill fitzgerald
perth .wa, Australia   AUS
Hi,tim.
I hav a van in perth Australia it has a 1000 motor just replaced the head which was cracked also the valves had rusted due to the crack.Cost $1000 to repair so it can be costly we did the labuor uorselves.Good luck with your project.

kiwiminor Ray Willis
Prince Albert, SK, Canada   CAN
Tim,
There are numerous web-sites that have info on serial numbers etc and one I find helpful is minormania.com There is an attachement on the left side you can go to and it should head you in the correct direction. Seems to cover all the models from early side-valves to the various stages of introducing other models like LCV's. Good luck, and enjoy the world of M/M with your grandad.
Ray Willis

tappetTwo pete kd
hillview, nsw, Australia   AUS
so tim , what is happening withyour restoration?
your post are getting fewer,
does that mean that its geting harder?

stevenjames STEVEN GILMORE
Northallerton, northyorkshire, UK   GBR
have morris traveller how can i find the year and reg no theres a plate on it m/aw5 d 1187289 would be grateful for any help.

0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR
In reply to # 34425 by stevenjames have morris traveller how can i find the year
http://potteries.mmoc.org.uk/Identification.htm
and reg no I doubt if you can :-(
Best apply for a new number.
theres a plate on it m/aw5 d 1187289 would be grateful for any help.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon 4 door

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links