AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

geezer Avatar
geezer Silver Member charles durning
Magee, MS, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Chick Magnette (sold)"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon (2-door) "Marvin"
1974 MG MGB GT "Foghorn Leghorn"
When I bought my 67 Morris Minor I was aware the rubber gasket for the front windscreen was rotten, hard, and leaking. When I finally got around to it, I purchased the rubber gasket and plastichrome filler from Bull Motif. At the time they were the only vendor to have both pieces in stock. That was in 2016. Fast forward I finally got around to getting the new gasket installed this past December. The was a matter of coordinating with a glass shop that would be open when I could get the car in.

All went well with the exception that the plastichrome supplied was 2 foot too short. Since it was my fault for taking too long I went ahead and ordered a replacement GLS111 plastichrome filler. When the replacement arrived it was too wide for the rubber gasket. The required filled needed to be 10mm wide and the replacement was14mm. Well rats.

Since Moss Europe will respond to e-mails in a timely fashion, and they show the 27H6709 finisher/plastichrome for the Morris I sent a pic to technical to see it they will confirm the 10mm dimension. I did get an e-mail back confirming the 10mm dimension. When the 27H6709 arrived it was not 10mm but 14mm. When I pointed out the problem, I was informed that the 10mm plastichrome is now obsolete. To their credit Moss admitted their mistake I was issued a refund. The folks at Bull Motif also stated 10mm filler is obsolete b ut no refund.

Not to take no for an answer, I did some searching on my own. What I found was a supplier who stocks the correct part. The part number is 713080 and the application if for a Ford, I just don't know what Ford. The pn 713080 is available in 50' or 250' rolls.

On a hunch I thought I would try RockAuto. Bingo! I found it right away and it was 25' and the price was right. The part number is Fairchild 072325. I should have gone there in the first place.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1975530&jsn=383

If it was good 60 years ago, does that mean it can't be improved?

Though the task may seem to be too daunting or difficult at first, the result will be worth the effort in the end.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
moss.jpg    46.8 KB
moss.jpg

IMG_0854.JPG    31.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
geezer Avatar
geezer Silver Member charles durning
Magee, MS, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Chick Magnette (sold)"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon (2-door) "Marvin"
1974 MG MGB GT "Foghorn Leghorn"
Sorry, that part is incorrect.

If it was good 60 years ago, does that mean it can't be improved?

Though the task may seem to be too daunting or difficult at first, the result will be worth the effort in the end.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Morris Minor

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links