Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Rchizip Avatar
Rchizip Ron C
Easton, MD, USA   USA
I'm in the process of restoring a '63 Traveller. Car is stripped of engine and interior, ready for paint. I've been thinking about replacing wiring harness with new, however, there are so many choices (ESM) that I'm getting a bit confused as to the correct one. The electrics on the car were all working, however, much jury rigging took place with previous owners. Are these new available harnesses color coded as original, are they tagged in any way to assure proper connections, any other considerations to help me decide whether to do this, and if I do decide to replace the harness is there any advice I should take?
You all have been amazingly helpful in the past. Ron

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1492.JPG    40.2 KB
IMG_1492.JPG

emjay Jim English
Etters, PA, USA   USA
The replacements should come with the same color coding and with such few wires, reconnecting is quit easy. However, 63 is in the transition years so confirmation of the equipment is necessary. I see the fresh air hole in the bulkhead and two sets of tail lights, so the later non-8-way relay harness will do the job. Trafficators were gone by that time so there is no difference between home market and USA. You just need the longer harness for the dipper switch to get over to your left foot. It's a plug-in, separate harness..

0123 Mike D
Biddulph, Staffs, UK   GBR
In reply to # 34359 by Rchizip I'm in the process of restoring a '63 Traveller. Car is stripped of engine and interior, ready for paint. I've been thinking about replacing wiring harness with new, however, there are so many choices (ESM) that I'm getting a bit confused as to the correct one. The electrics on the car were all working, however, much jury rigging took place with previous owners. Are these new available harnesses color coded as original, are they tagged in any way to assure proper connections,
Ask the vendors those questions Ron.
Select on their answers

any other considerations to help me decide whether to do this, and if I do decide to replace the harness is there any advice I should take?
On a scale of 1 to 4,
where 4 is high
how do you rate yourself
as an auto-electrician yawning smiley)

You all have been amazingly helpful in the past. Ron

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1949 Morris Minor MM Saloon 2 door

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links