Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MinorForum

Morris Minor Chat

1954 Morris Minor 2dr Deluxe - The Restoration!!!

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wyliecoyote James Wylie
Comber, Northern Ireland, UK   GBR
Ss when I restored the Minor I made periodic videos of the work and will share them with you!

Please feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel for regular updates!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Zumahe Avatar
Zumahe Peter S
Watford, UK   GBR
1971 Morris Minor Traveller "Maurice"
Wow. That is a proper restoration project.

kei Kei V
Auckland, Northland, New Zealand   NZL
Am I glad my Morris is in a better state. In the end we can save ourselves the trouble by spending $6000 on a fully restored car that has been done up by someone else.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Wyliecoyote James Wylie
In reply to # 34396 by kei Am I glad my Morris is in a better state. In the end we can save ourselves the trouble by spending $6000 on a fully restored car that has been done up by someone else.

Ah, but I enjoy the restoration process immensely, almost more than the completed item. Huge satisfaction to be got from fixing old ruined cars!!!

Wyliecoyote James Wylie
In reply to # 34392 by Zumahe Wow. That is a proper restoration project.

Thanks! Yes, it was a little ruined!!!

Wyliecoyote James Wylie
Here's Part 2 of the work:

kei Kei V
Thanks for posting James.
I could hardly see any paint left on the car. Also, you sound so calm on the video - no panic or nervous breakdown at all.
Do you have an understanding wife in the background who provides you with tea and biscuits while you are slaving away with a blowtorch?
Sadly I have seen many dismantled cars offered for sale on the net by people who started this sort of project, but gave up half way or quarter way.

rusty bucket Avatar
rusty bucket Cam H
Baltimore, MD, USA   USA
James,
You are really working like a man driven to "get 'er Done !" Impressive work on what limited actual metal you had to start with !!
Thanks fir the posting !!

I can see why the original Morris assembly line had guys with "spot" welders zapping this car together. But the advantage they had was building from the bottom up. You have the impossible task of getting into the nooks and crannies.

Looking GOOD !! Keep Going !!

- Later Cam

I'm afraid to look under the paint to see what is waiting for me ...confused smiley

kei Kei V
Keep up the good work James.
Did you get the car for free?

Wyliecoyote James Wylie
Thank you all very much!!

I do indeed have a very patient wife!!

The car actually belongs to my dad but I did all the work myself

Here's the next installment...

rusty bucket Avatar
rusty bucket Cam H
Baltimore, MD, USA   USA
Outstanding !

Excellent looking repair.

rusty bucket Avatar
rusty bucket Cam H
Baltimore, MD, USA   USA
Maybe your won’t notice if you put a small V6 in the engine bay?

Silverghost Peter Hays
Chicago, IL, USA   USA
When you get a chance, be sure to check out Cheftush on YouTube. He restores Triumphs but the techniques are similar and his videos may provide some inspiration and give you some ideas. There is another guy Elin Yakov who also restores Triumphs and does great work. And lastly, find the Wreck Rescue episode about the Frogeye Sprite. It is amazing and shows what can be done if you set your mind to it.

mikec4193 Avatar
mikec4193 Silver Member Mike C
Mechanicville, NY, USA   USA
Wow....you do impressive work...congrats on the progress....thanks for posting it up here...

MikeC

Wyliecoyote James Wylie
Thank you very much!!! This car was built to be used as my wedding car, quite the incentive!!!!

The next installment:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1939 Morris Minor Coupe

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links