MG TF XPEG 1500, diff

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

S54BE3 Tony Cunningham F
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia   AUS
Hi, Is it possible to swap any Morris diff into the 54 MGTF. Had a major years ago and found that many post-war cars shared parts and drive-lines. Are the diffs course or fine spline. Currently 5.1 (I think), need something like 4.1. Thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
nudenut Avatar
nudenut Silver Member Reg K
Perth, Perth Western Australia, Australia   AUS
Not sure about your MG , but 3.9 Ratio Crown Wheel and Pinion will not fit into 4.2 Morris Minor Diff Carrier, you have to swap over complete " pumpkin ", I have fitted a MG Midget "pumpkin " to my Morris to match 5 speed gearbox.

A standard 4.2 Ratio Morris Minor "pumpkin " should fit , but you would have to check out axle splines.

I have a 3.9 Crown Wheel and MISMATCHING Pinion if you want it at cost of postage/ freight only, C.W. is ok but not enough metal on teeth of pinion in my opinion to machine, if you could get hold of a serviceable pinion and have pair machined to suit.

Cheers

usmh3 Avatar
usmh3 Rob Thomas
Cardiff, Wales, UK   GBR
The TF used the medium size Nuffield axle whereas the Series MM Minor used the small size one. Morris Oxford MO is the same size/design as the TF, I believe. The later Minor axle comes from Austin and no parts are interchangeable at all.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1954 Morris Minor Series II

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links