Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Dlebla31 Avatar
Dlebla31 Don Leblanc
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Yes Mike D, that is the way it should be wired.

That is quite a selection shown on that E-Bay site! Here in the Colony we don't have that many readily available, but the good old tried and true Tridon Electronic Flasher. 3 Terminal non-load based unit is the I would choose, I may soon be doing that, to convert mine.

The ones in the brake/tail lamps are just perfect! BTW, I just finished installing new plastic headlamp buckets using a kit from Bull Motif, it is just the cat's meow! Replaces all the old rusty crap with a clean streamlined unit, and very inexpensive. AND it fits! Perfectly! So now I have to move on to the Park lamps, they have ceased to function for some reason, next to get the LED touch.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR
How about 2 led indicator lamps Phill?

One for left, and one for right?

Spud / tap into the circuit sending power
from the switch to the left flashers for one

Spud / tap into the circuit sending power
from the switch to the right flashers for t'other.

Attachments:
Ferd.jpg    25.1 KB
Ferd.jpg

2nd MM Panel Silver Member Phill Dallas
Nevada City, California, USA   USA
1959 Morris Minor 1000 Van "Mycroft"
Mike. THANK YOU! I do believe that you have found the elegant solution. I think that the 2 posts on the signal relay box that feed the front lights will work just fine. I'll order a second lamp this morning.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
My pleasure Phill smiling smiley

2nd MM Panel Silver Member Phill Dallas
Nevada City, California, USA   USA
1959 Morris Minor 1000 Van "Mycroft"
Everything is working. I installed 2 LED lamps on the dashboard, 1 on either side of the speedometer, and connected each to a post on the turn signal relay box that fed the appropriate front turn signal.
The history and design of that relay box is rather interesting. Moss Motors has a good tutorial.

Attachments:
IMG_9119.JPG    35.6 KB
IMG_9119.JPG

ADIDAS Aidas Janulis
Bude, Cornwall, UK   GBR
I made this one last weekend, going to install with clear lenses. With ignition on, it makes 2 cycles of the rainbow and turns to white - as running lights. If you hit turn signal shortly - it will cycle 3 times yellow/orange and turns back to white. If you keep turn signal on, it cycles as long as it's on and after that turns back to white one. Will post more pictures/videos when will install it on my Traveller. If it will be not bright enough - will use 16 LED's instead of 12.

video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BW5ceraAxMw/?taken-by=janejane1969

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212178025339045&set=ms.c.eJxNyMkNACAMA7CNUNI0PfZfjBcSfpoIBnvApKbLh28i4QX1jaVF~_gIb2gqJ.bps.a.10202625849460618.1073741828.1028894630&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212178024059013&set=ms.c.eJxNyMkNACAMA7CNUNI0PfZfjBcSfpoIBnvApKbLh28i4QX1jaVF~_gIb2gqJ.bps.a.10202625849460618.1073741828.1028894630&type=3&theater

ADIDAS Aidas Janulis
Bude, Cornwall, UK   GBR
I made it last weekend - turning the ignition on cycles rainbow for a second and turns to white - running daylights. If hit turn signal for a short - it cycles 3 times yellow/orange and turns back to white. If you'll keep turn signal on - it cycles yellow/orange as long as turn signal is on, after that returns to white one. If it will not bright enough - will use 16 LED's instead of 12 using on this prototype. Will post more pics / videos after installation on my Traveller. (Going to use it with clear lenses). Check the video if you can't get an idea due to my bad English.video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BW5ceraAxMw/?taken-by=janejane1969

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 03.34.02.jpg    19.9 KB
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 03.34.02.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 03.34.21.jpg    15.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 03.35.16.jpg    17 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
0123 Mike D
They'll be callin' yer Billy Smart next :thumbs up

ADIDAS Aidas Janulis
Bude, Cornwall, UK   GBR
Is it good or bad to be called Billy Smart? eye rolling smiley

0123 Mike D
Definitely smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-07 03:06 PM by 0123.

0123 Mike D
http://www.circopedia.org/Billy_Smart

ADIDAS Aidas Janulis
Bude, Cornwall, UK   GBR
Yes, I googled it immediately smiling smiley but did not get an idea what was the main word? "Circus". Or maybe "in a family of 23 children". Or "Hard work paid however"? smiling smiley As you can imagine I am new to English folklore and it's not so easy to catch your jokes winking smiley

morriemad1 Avatar
morriemad1 Gilbert Roberts
Wanganui, New Zealand   NZL
Hi Sorry I just found your email I will get a quote for you tomorrow. Cheers Gilbert You can email me direct cobsmorristuff@xtra.co.nz Vigil knows me well.

0123 Mike D
It were humour not a joke Aidas.

Doesn't Latvian folklore have sayings
about bright lights and circuses?

Jokes are funny story or trick, that is said or done in order to make people laugh:

Humour is the ability to find things funny, the way in which people see that some things are funny, or the quality of being funny:

Not many people know that.

Dave Allen was a great humorist.
I never heard him tell a joke.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1950 Morris Minor

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links