Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

nudenut Avatar
nudenut Silver Member Reg K
Perth, Perth Western Australia, Australia   AUS
I had my MM 1000 rear leaf springs reset by a spring manufacturer during car restore 5 years ago , still at the same height , only parts replaced were the plastic spacers between leafs and bushes , original leafs reused.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR
How many miles you done since
they were re-arched please Reg?

nudenut Avatar
nudenut Silver Member Reg K
Perth, Perth Western Australia, Australia   AUS
Around 8500 km's , also fitted UK Telescopic Shock modification.

Cheers

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
larry bailey Avatar
Port Clyde, Maine, USA   USA
Thanks Bufferzone. I t seems that the front hanger and part of the floor panel are rusted and likely to go. I found the front spring hanger with attached floor panel and ordered a set for each side. Ii also ordered new bushes for both sides and a new bolt and nut for the shackle. Should have those in a couple of weeks. The welder said it will e easier and a better job to attache the floor piece rather than try to fix the floor and then attache the hanger. We shall see. We don't havemany people in this part of the world who have knowledge or experience in tackling such repairs.

I just spent some dollars on the brakes. The car is fitted with front disc brakes and the original drum brakes in the rear. The rear brakes were scarping and grinding and the mechanic said the brake cylinders were frozen. I have been driving around with only the front disc brakes operating. Worked well but, I had the drum brakes repaired anyway.

I love the car and it is always an adventure.

0123 Mike D
A fair few miles then Reg thumbs up

0123 Mike D
Most rear brakes don't do much anyway Larry :-(

easydiver Mike Adams
Bear, Delaware, USA   USA
I would take the block of wood out. The spring gets longer and shorter as it flexes. That is why you have the rear shackle. The wood block is not letting the shackle do what it is supposed to do. I think it would put extra stress on the front mount that is usually weak as it is. I had a Nisson pickup truck that the shackle had seized due to rust. The main leaf broke just behind the front spring mount. At the worst possible time of course. Just a thought?

0123 Mike D
How about checking
your bushes Kristian?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon 2 door

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links