AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Boomlander Avatar
Boomlander Dave V
Clacton On Sea, UK   GBR
Thanks Ray, I appreciate that. thumbs up

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
laurentbricout Laurent Bricout
Lille, nord, France   FRA
Today small family ballad in the countryside! A lot of smiles when you meet people, it is true that the traveller is not a common car in France !!

No mechanical problems, the car runs quietly at 90 kms / h. Only "problem", the gearbox, it cracks a bit in first but this old rolls well. This is my first real outing with her and it was fun!

66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
First is a non synchro straight cut gear. It was a little noisy when car was new. To shift into first when stopped, pull the lever back into second to stop the gears turning, then into 1st. Best not to try getting in 1st with car moving.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR
Hello Phillip , thank you for your answer and especially for your valuable advice !! I will put this one in application during my next release with her !!

Thanks,

Bye

Laurent

shoebone Stuart F
tempe, arizona, USA   USA
Today I greased my trunnions ..... I also greased two knees, the back of my right ear and far too much garage floor. I really need to refine my procedure

bufferzone Avatar
bufferzone Gord Smith-Ritchie
Surfside Colony, California, USA   USA
I installed my new anti-roll bar. I do feel an improvement in ride.

Hi bufferzone !

Very nice your trav' !!

John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Gold Member John Quilter
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
Achieved an absolutely irrational goal of equalizing the total mileage on my two Minors today. Both 1960 cars, a pearl grey convertible and a black four door sedan, achieved 190,978 miles. Oh, and put the top up on the convertible for the winter season.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

Attachments:
Speedo 9-22-17.JPG    45 KB
Speedo 9-22-17.JPG

Speedo 9-22-17.JPG    52.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
rlincoln Ray Costa
Gurnee, Illinois, USA   USA
1963 Morris Mini Traveller "Miss Marple"
John, that may be irrational, but I also play games with my odometers, looking for all even numbers, all odd numbers, palindrome numbers, and any other pattern I can think of. While I know the mileage on my MG is reasonably accurate, being only the third owner in 65 years, my Morris doesn't have it's original speedometer. I can only guess that it has a boat load of miles on it. I've been driving our Traveller around all summer, and I hardly ever bother to look at the odometer unless it's to tell me I need gas.

"Miss Marple" took a People's Choice award for the fourth year in a row two weeks ago at the Chicago British Car Festival, and we are going to a local show in about an hour. As everyone who owns a Traveller knows, you can't go anywhere without people asking questions. I love the looks she get from kids, since the car is the right scale for smaller people. It sure looks tiny parked next to something like a giant Nissan Armada. I thinbk I'll park next to some giant pickup truck today, unless they have the show set up in classes.

Hello everyone !
Yesterday Sunday I participated in a rally with the traveler and a rally of a hundred kilometers across the countryside. Salmson, Lotus Jaguar, Bugatti, Triumph, Eidsel ... We took part in the "6h circuit of paved roads" ( https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_Heures_des_Routes_Pav%C3%A9es )

the car has rolled well, no mechanical problems, just a squeak on the brakes (moisture?).
The weather was good English (humor!), A bit of rain but not too much. A few stops to let the cars rest a bit. The Morris was perfectly comfortable on small country roads, unlike the Edsel, this big American break !!

0123 Mike D
In reply to # 26286 by laurentbricout Hello everyone !
Yesterday Sunday I participated in a rally with the traveler and a rally of a hundred kilometers across the countryside. Salmson, Lotus Jaguar, Bugatti, Triumph, Eidsel ... We took part in the "6h circuit of paved roads" ( https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_Heures_des_Routes_Pav%C3%A9es )

the car has rolled well, no mechanical problems, just a squeak on the brakes (moisture?).
Glaze probably.

Rub the linings down with sandpaper
until you get rid of the shiny layer.

Rub the drum down with fine sand paper
until you get a scratched surface all over.

There's a trick where you put a drum
backwards on the back axle, then sand
with the engine ticking over and in gear.

You'll soon learn to keep your fingers safe smiling smiley

The weather was good English (humor!), A bit of rain but not too much. A few stops to let the cars rest a bit. The Morris was perfectly comfortable on small country roads, unlike the Edsel, this big American break !!

0123 Mike D
And they old boys were adoing of it on cross-plies thumbs up

Attachments:
Ferd 1.jpg    70.5 KB
Ferd 1.jpg

Thank you Mike for your advice !! We'll test that then! And thank you for the picture you put online; for the record, the race was definitely stopped in 1931 after the death of a kid.

Jescruzn Morris LCV Avatar
Jescruzn Morris LCV Jessica Zdanowicz
Racine, WI, USA   USA
Yesterday, Sunday, Oct.1st. I went to my first Car show this year. West Allis, WI Downtown Business Association. Space was limited to 555 cars and many were turned away. Main St.was closed for six blocks as were the side streets for cars as well as city parking lots. Hundreds of people and A LOT of NICE cars. 12 classes, three awards per class. Judging was by participant ballot. I selected import the class (cars from 1910 - 1997). There were about 25 in my class. Mostly MG’s and Volkswagen, a few orphans and my ’59 Morris 1000 Panel Van “Pudgy”, car #546out of 555 cars. Low and behold “Pudgy” won Best in Class. I had a big smile overcoming the MG’s and VW’s. A Great Day!

Pudgy is running great except for an irritating left side front suspension knock when I go over a manhole cover. But he looks great. Many compliments. Most likely the last show for the season. I was able to make two cruise nights this summer.

Attachments:
WestAllis-2017-36opt.jpg    49.4 KB
WestAllis-2017-36opt.jpg

WestAllis-2017-37opt.jpg    43.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Morris Minor 1000 Van

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links