- Replacement part is 16mm (0.64inches) longer than the original.
- Replacement part comes with bushes installed. The inside diameter of bushes is 10.5mm. Original is 13mm. The replacement bush does NOT fit over the un-threaded section of the mounting bolt at chassis end of the link.
- The circular end width is about 2mm narrower than the original, so the spacing from the inside edge of the chassis mounting bolt is slightly different. The bend in the link forces the ball end away from the rear springs, so this may be OK.
- Circular end Inside diameter: new part is 20.1mm, original is 21.8
- Circular end Outside diameter: new part is 28mm, original is 29.1
- Circular end Width: new part is 17.7mm, original is 19.4
- The installed rubber bushes don't have the large rim that covers the edges of the circle on both sides. In hindsight, I should have ordered the original style bushes (SUS703).
Rear Shock Absorber/Damper Link Unit (To Chassis) SUS702
Rubber Bush-Link To Chassis (2 Required Per Side) SUS703
Attached are several photos showing the differences.
- Should I be concerned about the 0.64" difference in length?
- Has anyone else used the current replacement damper links on early Minors? Is so, have you made any modifications?
- My old (worn) original bushes fit in the new links (with help from a rubber mallet). They should fit over the mounting bolt even though the inside diameter dropped to 12.7mm. Assuming the modern bushes SUS703 have a larger inside diameter, these may solve the fit problem. Should I go with this alternative?
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-11 07:44 PM by dschwartz1957.