AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pvr Avatar
pvr Paris VonRabenau
Reynolds, Georgia, USA   USA
1960 Morris Minor 1000 "Paris VonRabenau"
1960 Morris Minor 1000 "EMMA"
Today, a long box was delivered right to our door at home. Inside is the replacement bottom section which is about 4" wide that gets welded to the bottom of the boot lid.
I'll have the Boot off today and take it to the local welder. This part comes from John Quilter who fortunately for me he had lying around in his garage.
Thanks, John.
hot smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_5441.jpg    46.9 KB
IMG_5441.jpg

John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Gold Member John Quilter
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
Whatever it takes to put another Morris back in shape.

John Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

pvr Avatar
pvr Paris VonRabenau
Reynolds, Georgia, USA   USA
1960 Morris Minor 1000 "Paris VonRabenau"
1960 Morris Minor 1000 "EMMA"
Now the trick will be getting the latch and lock removed. The steel square rod from the outside chrome piece is frozen into the interior metal carriage part. Ouch!!! I beat and beat on it to try to remove. New idea is map gas and torch it. Problem will be annealling the spring inside. Or just give it to the welder man and make it his problem chancing a total loss to the lock altogether.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
emjay Jim English
Marietta, PA, USA   USA
Hold it. You need to remove the latch from the boot lid first. That will expose two little bolts that hold the handle to the boot lid.

John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Gold Member John Quilter
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
You'll need a set of 1/4 drive sockets and an extension to access these small nuts. I would spray them first with something like P B Blaster to free them up.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

In reply to # 26549 by emjay Hold it. You need to remove the latch from the boot lid first. That will expose two little bolts that hold the handle to the boot lid.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1969 Morris Minor Traveller

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links