MinorForum

Morris Minor Chat

Hi I have a 1955 series 11 morris minor convertible and looking for an outside car cover.

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Cott112 Valerie B
Jupiter, Florida, USA   USA
Hi I am looking for an excellent outside car cover to cope with the Florida sun,humidity and rain. I do use the car regularly and it stays outside year round, unless someone has a garage to rent in Jupiter area.
Lots of excellent covers around but I have an added small wooden luggage rack clipped to the boot(trunk) which custom made cover wouldn't fit, so I'm told by the companies.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks Valerie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 01:07 PM by Cott112.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR
Have you ever used such a cover Valerie?

Cott112 Valerie B
Hi
Yes I bought a vw beetle super car cover not too bad and only lasted a year and didnt actually keep the car completely dry.
$200 waste of money really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 01:07 PM by Cott112.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Gold Member John Quilter
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
My experience is that car covers, no matter what quality, ultimately become porous and let in moisture and rain which then drenches the car in high humidity and promotes deterioration due to lack of ventilation. Car covers are OK for protecting a car from extreme sun such as in Phoenix but not good for much else. Perhaps one of those tent like pop up garages would work better as a shelter? .

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

Cott112 Valerie B
Hi if only, don't think my housing association would agree, they don't really like covers.
Thanks for the reply and I do agree not ideal to use a cover but need something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 05:34 PM by Cott112.

0123 Mike D
You have covered all the points I had to make.

w3526602 John Williams
Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northamptonshire, UK   GBR
Hi Valerie,

Have you considered a folding garage? I assume they are available in USA?

They work of roughly the same principle as a pram hood, but double. Drive into the "bay", lift the garage end up and over.

There are also garage "tents". I'd assume the US Military use them when working on vehicles "in the field". I suspect your ex-military sales are more generous than ours in UK.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and I doubt that either of the above could be considerer beautiful, even by their mothers.

John (602)

Cott112 Valerie B
Hello thanks for the suggestion I have thought of this but my association doesn’t allow them in our parking area

0123 Mike D
Do your Gestapo allow horse boxes?

Cott112 Valerie B
Ha they don’t allow trucks and motorbikes either!

0123 Mike D
Our horse boxes are a type of trailer.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1950 Morris Minor MM Tourer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links