Woodstock Show

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

larrydd larry d
Putnam, USA   USA
A great day in upstate NY yesterday when 5 Morris Minors attended the Woodstock English Car Show.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
mmwoodstock.jpg    74.3 KB
mmwoodstock.jpg

JohnV Avatar
JohnV John V
Woodstock, New York, USA   USA
Hey Larry ... I'm one of the organizers of that show, and that's my family Traveller at the right! Which was your car?

larrydd larry d
Putnam, USA   USA
I was the 4 door, John. We had a blast, thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JohnV Avatar
JohnV John V
Delighted! FIVE Minors is a new record for us. Sorry I didn't get to chat more. LMK next year before you come, we can convoy in together smiling smiley

Jefferson Matt Boisen
Owatonna, Minnesota, USA   USA
1958 Morris Minor 1000 Tourer "Arrietty"
There needs to be something like this in Minnesota!

JohnV Avatar
JohnV John V
Almost forgot, here's the website for the show, same address every year with new date & relevant info:

http://woodstockbritishcarshow.com/

Note our slogan: "Peace, Love & Lucas!" smiling smiley

larrydd larry d
Putnam, USA   USA
We will do that. The Minis made a grand entrance!

Attachments:
IMG_2762.JPG    84.8 KB
IMG_2762.JPG

JamesEB James Blanch
Freehold, NY, USA   USA
Hey, I'm a newly proud owner of a 1969 Morris Minor Traveler, came from England a month ago (needing some TLC) living in Freehold NY. Shame I didn't hear about this event before. Do you guys ever meet up outside of this event? I would love to hear some of the quirks with these cars.

Attachments:
20170820_173141.jpg    87.2 KB
20170820_173141.jpg

JohnV Avatar
JohnV John V
James

Happy to meet up with you at some point, though I may not bring my car (most of the interior is out at the moment).

Shoot me a private message and we can chat; happy to come look at your car sometime if you want a set of eyes on it, parts sources, etc.

John V

0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR
In reply to # 26315 by larrydd We will do that. The Minis made a grand entrance!
There's a contradiction in terms
if ever I read one Boyo
smileys with beer

larrydd larry d
Putnam, USA   USA
A Hudson Valley MM club would be a great thing. All those attending Woodstock were from the general area. Im in Putnam County. We could figure out a meeting point that's good for all. I'd love to hear what entails getting one shipped over here.

JohnV Avatar
JohnV John V
Because I travel an ungodly amount, I'm not going to volunteer to organize it. But would be happy to be a member.

There's also Brits of the Hudson car club: http://www.britsofthehudson.com/page1.htm Perhaps do it through them, which could spread the word quicker?

Keep me posted!

++++++++++++++

One note on Minors imported from the U.K. Because I've been involved in Minors for > 40 years and cofounded the Morris Minor Registry in 1976, I've seen a lot of Minors.

I hope it's ended now, but for a long time it was common practice to take Minors that had failed their annual MoT inspections in the U.K., tart them up so they were nice and shiny, and sell them to unsuspecting Americans who didn't know much about Minors but fell in love with them.

That has led me to view any RHD Minors carrying U.K. plates with an extra-sceptical eye, simply due to having seen so much body filler, bad patching, rust hidden under tar sealant, and the like.

End of 2 cents. YMMV.

larrydd larry d
Putnam, USA   USA
Wow, great stuff John. I would put my back into it. I've loved these cars since I was a NYC kid in the 70s spending my summers in Ireland where EVERYONE had a MM.

emjay Jim English
Marietta, PA, USA   USA
A NYC kid who went to Ireland in the summers and knew of Minors. That makes me think of Mike Dolan, an Irishman who lived and worked in NYC and was an original Minor owner. There might be a chance you knew him.

JohnV Avatar
JohnV John V
Errrrmmmmm ... Jim: Was that the same Michael Dolan who later moved to Kingston, IIRC?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1962 Morris Major

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links