Wiring harness 1958 Morris traveller

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Libjsc John C
Getzville, New york, USA   USA
Recently I asked about recovering my wiring harness. Response was that friction tape is a good choice. Turns out that there are a ton of choices for friction tape. Has anyone had good luck with a particular brand or type of tape. My harness is cleaned up, terminals are checked and I'm ready to recover. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
emjay Jim English
Marietta, PA, USA   USA
If you are covering the entire harness, I wouldn't use tape. It would be too stiff and time consuming to apply. Getting it through the hole in the bulkhead may be difficult. The tape on some late model vehicles don't seem to have adhesive so there is some flexibility. A quick internet search yields plastic mesh that slips on and adjusts to different size bundles. You would only have to bind the junctions and melting it would bond the pieces. There is also solid tubing but that is not as flexible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 03:29 PM by emjay.

0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
John in Eugene Avatar
John in Eugene Gold Member John Quilter
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
I've had pretty good luck using friction tape to cover my old but serviceable wiring harnesses. I cover only the exposed parts that are most likely to have the cloth covering deteriorate such as the engine bay. I even put red paint dashes on for factory realism and added the yellow Lucas label. You might need to put a small black wire tie on the end to keep the tape in place.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA.

Attachments:
wiring harness.JPG    89.2 KB
wiring harness.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1971 Morris Minor Traveller

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links