Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Suffolk Guy Stephen Miller
BURY ST. EDMUNDS, Suffolk, UK   GBR
Hi Folks,

I see you can request information from the DVLA on form V888.

Has anyone used this, thinking of tracking back all the previous owners of my Morris Minor 1000 from new ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-04 10:58 AM by Suffolk Guy.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR
Give it a go
and let us know smiling smiley

firedrake1942 Avatar
firedrake1942 Jon Morgan
Saffron Walden, Essex, UK   GBR
I found this service almost useless.

I Have been the owner of my 1957 four door since 1978. I knew who the previous keeper was but he is no longer at the address and I couldn't trace him. Like you I wanted to compile a potted history of the car. I have a lot of documents - most of the service history since 1961 so there are some clues in there, billing names and addresses on invoices and I can chart thecae from Cambridge and its early years after 1961 to Chingford, East London and then back towards Cambridgeshire and Essex, where I bought it.

The DVLA came back to me saying that they had no information past the time that the original 'computerised ' log books were issued and the old buff ones discontinued. All previous keepers were listed on this buff document and although I have it, there are clearly some pages missing - inevitably the ones with the previous keepers on it.

So in summary, because I have had the car so long, the V888 enquiry only listed me and the previous keeper - no further back than 1975!

If your car has had numerous keepers since the buff log books were phased out, then it may be of use.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Morris Minor 1000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links