AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

laurentbricout Laurent Bricout
Lille, nord, France   FRA
Hi guys !

I have a question please :

What is the Morris Revision Plan? I am trying to find out what levels to do (and when), change the filters, water .. .. in short a revision plan what! I did not find on the internet a summary of all the revisions to make for the car to run perfectly in the daily ..?

Thanks to everyone for your help to a poor beginner like me!

Laurent

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
firedrake1942 Avatar
firedrake1942 Jon Morgan
Saffron Walden, Essex, UK   GBR
Laurent.

Salut.

You may find this link, and indeed the forum it is on (MMOC ) useful. Si il ya le vocabulaire qui nous manque, je peux vous aider.

http://www.mmoc.org.uk/Messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=53959

There is also this forum which has a downloadable pdf of the entire workshop manual

https://www.morrisminorowners.co.uk/index.php?sid=c331a0c049e0efe73e1b174264fd41b6

The operators manual, was, I believe, also published in French. Chris and Mary Hall have a copy, I think.

http://www.mmoc.org.uk/Messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=38878

If you know the year of your car you can pick up an original 'Driver's Handbook' quite cheaply on e-bay and it will give you a guide of what to do and at what intervals.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=morris+minor+drivers++handbook&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmorris+minor+drivers+handbook.TRS0&_nkw=morris+minor+drivers+handbook&_sacat=0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 05:37 AM by firedrake1942.

Salut Jon !

thank you for the links you found me, it's super nice it will help me a lot !! I come back to you if I ever have translation problems !!

ah and thank you for the little touches of French (but do not take the risk of attracting you thunders smileys with beer)

thanks ;

bye

Laurent

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Silvio Silvio Mifsud
Swieqi, Swieqi, Malta   MLT
Greetings from Malta, where Moggies were in abundance. Numbers have reduced but quality has improved.

Bye

Silvio

smileys with beer

@+

laurent

0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR
Thunders thumbs up not needed smiling smiley

One post wasn't long enough thumbs up

The other post was too long thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-28 01:39 AM by 0123.

Hi Mike !

What news ?

Actually i prepare thre traveller for its first outing with other vintage cars (lotus especially) , i hope the time will be the part because we announce rain on Sunday !! Check up complete: tire pressure, oil level, battery, ... ....

Bye !

w3526602 John Williams
Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northamptonshire, UK   GBR
Votre English est better que your Francais Laurent

Hi Laurent,

I always found, as a Brit (Rosbiff?) that I could always converse with the French ... if they wanted to converse with me. All it needed was a bit of sign language, using a stick to draw pictures in the dust, and enthusiastic "FRANGLAISE". ;-) My French neighbour had a modern Alpine, a Simca 1100 Coupe, and a Renault 750, but no English. We had many long conversations.

I tried to ask another neighbour (a Breton farmer) so he didn't speak French, if he could lend me some WD40. This entailed me showing him me pushing a 7-pin plug into it's socket, wagging my thumb up and down, and saying "Hiss, hiss!".

"Ah ... De-grippant!" Of course it is ... what a wonderful word.

Question. Is there an acceptable slang word for a "French person". As a Brit, I do not mind being called a Limey (our sailors drank rum), or a Pommie (Prisoner on Migration), or a Moonie (Serviceman posted overseas, who hasn't yet worked up a decent tan), or anything else you want to call me. But how should I refer to a French friend?

John (602)

hi John!

And yes, we French we like to gently mock people, the English are nicknamed "rosbeef", the "schleus" for the Germans (pejorative anyway) in short we are not too friendly ...! Even between regions one nicknamed affectionately but a little wickedly; a Parisian will be nicknamed "the Parigo" (for the hatain side, living in the capital), to speak of someone living in the country one will sometimes say "peasant" or "cul terreux" but that is really not nice !!

To speak with someone you will be able to say "my friend", that is what is often said ("it goes my friend?"winking smiley ; no need to look for complication! You will say "Salut l'ami !" "Salut mon pote"

@+ !

laurent

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1954 Morris Minor Series II

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links