AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

hello from France !
  This topic is about my 1970 Morris Minor Traveller
laurentbricout Laurent Bricout
Lille, nord, France   FRA
Hello everyone, new in your group I introduce myself: laurent; 41 years old from lille (France). With my father-in-law we bought a minor traveler, an English beauty! It was exported to the Netherlands and modified with left-hand drive. It is a nice blue (I think it looks like the honolulu blue but it does not stick with the year ...). A few minor problems but it is a nice restoration project to have fun at snack. I love this car and I hope to enjoy it. Right now, I will certainly have questions and I will benefit from your knowledge. Sorry for my hasadese translation but I use Google Translateer ...... Thanks to all!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR
Your English works Laurent thumbs up

66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
Your English is better than Mike's. Welcome.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
0123 Mike D
So what if Laurent's English
is better than my English Phil.smiling smiley

Good evening guys, thank you for the welcome on the forum !
Happy to be a new member !!

Roger46 Roger Webb
East Grinstead, West sussex, UK   GBR
Hi, nice to have you on board. I've owned a traveller in the past, and I believe that in order to preserve the wood it is essential to keep it undercover when not in use. Water will always penetrate the joints and stain the wood. I never found a finish that would stop this.

1954series2 Avatar
1954series2 BOBBY FETTES
cersay, cersay, France   FRA
Hi Laurent,

I am in France in Saumur 79290 if i can be any help, I have some parts here that may help you, What are you looking, The travellers are becoming really popular here now, I have a series 2 split screen here and have just bought a 4CV, a Citroen Dyane and a Peugeot 172m from 1926,
I make interiors for Morris minors as a hobby so if you ever need one and want to pop up and have a look feel free,
There was a lovely traveller turned into a catering van at a show local to us 2 weeks ago, great idea but yes the travellers are popping up here they are nice cars,

Kind regards Bobby

firedrake1942 Avatar
firedrake1942 Jon Morgan
Saffron Walden, Essex, UK   GBR
Salut Laurent

There is an organisation in France 'Amicale Morris Minor' which used to be run by Maitre Pierre Gravel a hotwire in Richelieu bit no taken on by Chris and Mary Hall. You can contact them by PM (Private Message) on the MMOC web forum

http://www.mmoc.org.uk/Messageboard/

Re: Taking the moggie to France
by woodiesenfrance » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:01 pm

The OP has done the clever thing, pm'd us and I've sent our Club's up to date advice by email.
Regarding previous posts : advice given re Germany is irrelevant, ditto any advice which is not based on current FFVE guidance.
Worrying about dipping headlights is a waste of time, that problem is quickly solved. It's the bureaucratic process that can be a real headache if you don't know where to go and in what order.
Amicale Morris Minor France has, for 20 years, helped many folk, MMOC or related Club members or not, through the ever-changing minefield of importing Minors (and indeed other British classics) into France. We keep our info sheets up to date, in English and in French.
Bonne route, à toutes et à tous
Mary Hall
driving a Minor every day, usually with a labrador or two in the back
MMOC N°1756
Club Secretary, Amicale Morris Minor France

Bonne chance!

kabhi2011 Didier Cornice
La Roche sur Yon, Vendée, France   FRA
Hi Laurent !
Happy to know you through this forum and hope you'll enjoy your Traveler immensely.
The good thing about Morris Minors is that they are small and easy to repair, and all parts are readily available.
I'm starting to build a French website about Morris Minors, I'm starting with the 4 door saloon which I know best, but your own experience with the Traveller could be invaluable!

Bonjour Laurent!
Heureux de vous connaître à travers ce forum et j'espère que vous apprécierez votre Traveler immensément.
La bonne chose à propos des Morris Minors est qu'elles sont petites et faciles à réparer, et toutes les pièces sont facilement disponibles.
Je commence à construire un site Web français sur Morris Minors, je commence par le saloon de 4 portes que je connais le mieux, mais votre expérience avec le Traveler pourrait être inestimable !

Bonne route !
@+didier

0123 Mike D
Votre English est better que your Francais Didier thumbs up

kabhi2011 Didier Cornice
La Roche sur Yon, Vendée, France   FRA
Hi Mike!
I should have known better and used my brains instead of Google translater for the French version.
Just being lazy - I'm afraid I was discovered winking smiley !

Hi Bobby, thanks for your message !

Hi Jon, ok thanks , I'll look closely!

Hi Didier, au plaisir de découvrir votre site en français alors !!! C'est vrai que cela manque un peu !!! Cette voiture est vraiment agréable à regarder , elle a un capital sympathie énorme et déclenche de nombreux sourires !!! Je voulais savoir si vous saviez quelles sont les références possibles pour les galeries de toit que l'on voit sur les travelers (une idée du prix ? et surtout sous quels termes anglais la retrouver !!!)

Merci à vous pour votre accueil les amis !

0123 Mike D
Votre English est better que your Francais Laurent thumbs up

Merci Mike !!smiling smiley

AMMF Chris Hall
Duravel, Lot, France   FRA
Bonjour Laurent

Il existe un Club pour vous, depuis 1996! L'Amicale Morris Minor France est là pour tous les amateurs de Morris Minors, avec les conseils techniques et une gamme d'info EN FRANCAIS

Alors, dépêchez-vous! Contactez-nous!

Chris

Amicale Morris Minor France
Rue Paul Tourseiller
46700 Duravel
France
morrisminorfrance@neuf.fr
Tél 05 65 24 66 46
FFVE N° 396

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1982 Morris Marina

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links