AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

crewless Avatar
crewless Silver Member Kevin Duffy
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
1951 Morris Minor MM Tourer "Millie"
1965 Lambretta Li 150 Series 3 "Lucy"
1976 Triumph TR6 "Tina"
Hi , could I get a recommendation for exhaust system supplier in North America for my just got runningsmileys with beer
51 minor convertible
Ta
KD

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
I don't know a US supplier, I'm about to order one from UK, Probably about the same cost as would be available if you can find it here. I did have a local muffler shop make one for me a few years ago, it served very well.

GT6CA Russell F
Petaluma, CA, USA   USA
With the very good exchange rate i think the UK is your best bet, i looked at a Maniflow system for my traveller and in the US the cost would be close to $1000 shipped to my door, from the manufacturer in the UK the cost inclusive of shipping is about $530. I am sure the same would be true for the more standard systems.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
emjay Jim English
Marietta, PA, USA   USA
I'd think it would be highly unlikely that anyone in the States could make it. The smallest dies most shops have are 1-1/2. Most Minors have 1-1/4 exhaust but the early ones are even smaller. I think they have 1 inch exhaust.

0123 Mike D
Biddulp, Staffs, UK   GBR
I think that if you asked the seller to cut
your exhaust pipe so the package was less
than 3ft 3-3/8" carriage would be a lot less..

Welding it back together is a
fairly straightforward job.as long
as they cut where the pipe's straight.thumbs up.

In reply to # 24906 by GT6CA With the very good exchange rate i think the UK is your best bet, i looked at a Maniflow system for my traveller and in the US the cost would be close to $1000 shipped to my door, from the manufacturer in the UK the cost inclusive of shipping is about $530. I am sure the same would be true for the more standard systems.

emjay Jim English
Marietta, PA, USA   USA
Would it be a curveforward job if they cut it where the pipe is curved?

66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
MosI have seen come in at least 2 pieces. The big bore Maniflow I am about to order comes in three pieces that fit into each other, one joint is at the curve for easy installation.

0123 Mike D
What bey un 'o they Maister Jim?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-17 10:50 AM by 0123.

0123 Mike D
3ft 3" by 18" by 6" 42lbs
£50 by Parcel Force Phil.

Vigil Craig Vigil
Fountain Valley, Southern California, USA   USA
Did you try Steve at ol phartz partz ? He has a large inventory of Morris Minor Parts. His email is schris51@att.net- phone - 949-716-2569 -

I know he has headers for sale but i am not sure who builds them. I know the one i bought fit great with no problems.

VIGIL

The Morris registry club. It is $20 to join in the USA.
http://morrisminor.intuitwebsites.com/

Morris Motors group on Yahoo
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/morris_motors/

0123 Mike D
crewless Avatar
crewless Silver Member Kevin Duffy
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
1951 Morris Minor MM Tourer "Millie"
1965 Lambretta Li 150 Series 3 "Lucy"
1976 Triumph TR6 "Tina"
Thanks all , much appreciated.
I did not know at the time of posting ,I am heading to the motherland next week for work so
I will try and pick one up when over there and lug it back

0123 Mike D
Alma mater
old Boy smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-18 08:08 AM by 0123.

minimarc Avatar
minimarc Bob Marcum
BREVARD, North Carolina, USA   USA
You may want to have you purchase shipped to the US vs. airline baggage. This way you will not have to deal with getting the VAT refunded at the airport. Most likely it would be via FedEX or DHL and come directly to Greensboro then to your address within one or two days. If the shipper identifies the package as parts for a 30+ year old antique car it should arrive duty free. It might be difficult explaining that on arrival at the US airport to the local custom officials. I often get packages overnight.

Bob Marcum

1959 Bugeye
1960 Morris Minor Tourer
Ex vintage Mini racer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-18 07:46 AM by minimarc.

Vigil Craig Vigil
Fountain Valley, Southern California, USA   USA
They should not charge you for VAT from the vendor if you show them your passport. The only time i have had a problem was with Fedex wanting to charge me duty on items that should not be charged duty. I have ordered direct from ManIflow in the past. No Vat was charged. I think the header was sent royal mail. There was no problems with any part of the transaction. The only thing bad was the price of shipping. Most vendors do not give you a option on shipping. They use the one that has the best price or is the local contracted party for there mail. Royal mail is all contracted out now so it depends on your location on who handles your post. I have brought back cars and parts for the UK. Good thought on taking it as luggage. But unless it is in your only checked bag it is usually a $75 charge for a second bag or over sized bag. At least that was the charge for a trunk i had sent here with parts in 2000. That would make postage look cheap on one item. You will still have to pad the item in a bag for so it is not damaged and so the airline will accept it. I would either bit the bullet and pay the postage or buy from the USA. There is some nice copies of the Maniflow header being made in the USA. It seems they all end up around the same price and fit about the same.

VIGIL

The Morris registry club. It is $20 to join in the USA.
http://morrisminor.intuitwebsites.com/

Morris Motors group on Yahoo
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/morris_motors/

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Morris Minor 1000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links